Planning for clients in any agency program is tailored to meet their individual needs and interests. Staff follow the policy of "filling the gap" support so they don’t undermine a client’s capacity and independence. Individuals have, wherever possible, natural supports in place for a variety of day to day activities: employment, holidays, day outings, medical/dental appointments, personal appointments, shopping, recreation/leisure, going to church, financial management, etc.
24 Hour Residential Support
Rocky Support Services supports 25 clients to live as independently as possible in their homes.
Independent Living Support Program
Support is provided to clients who require minimal intervention to succeed with living more independently.
Career Development and Employment Support
Clients accessing this program are provided the support to explore career opportunities, prepare resumes, develop interview skills and succeed at their chosen career through on-the-job support as required.
- Currently 82% of the clients are employed in the community.
- Wherever possible the staff engage employers to provide natural support in the workplace
Community Engagement Program
Clients can also decide to explore community activities and volunteering with the support of agency staff. In 2016/2017, clients contributed 1144 hours of volunteerism in their community.
The following admission criteria must be met for all agency services at the time services commence and thereafter as long as the client continues to use the services:
- The adult must be at least 18 years of age.
- The applicant will be eligible for Persons with Developmental Disabilities (PDD) funding or have adequate funding to meet the cost of the service requested.
- The applicant or guardian agrees to a Risk Assessment and provides all relevant information including but not limited to medical history and behavioral assessments.
- At the time of intake or at any time during the period of service, an applicant who is an independent adult may be asked to have a Capacity Assessment to determine the need for guardianship/trusteeship. Based on the results of the assessment the applicant may be required to apply for guardianship in order to access or continue agency services.
- The applicant/guardian understands that there will be an assessment period of at least 3 months or longer to determine and finalize support needs and the individual contract.
- The applicant must have the financial means to meet his/her cost of living.
- An application for service form must be completed and returned to Rocky Support Services along with the required documentation on a timely basis.
The agency may provide Notice of Termination of Services if the client or guardian is unable or unwilling to meet the eligibility criteria or the agency itself is no longer able to meet the support needs of the client.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ON AGENCY SERVICES AND SUPPORTS AND TO DISCUSS THE INTAKE PROCESS, PLEASE CONTACT MARIE PATTISON, DIRECTOR OF PROGRAMS @ 403-845-4080, EXT. 104 OR EMAIL: email@example.com