The Team Leader role typically incorporates front-line supervisory functions and direct support/service responsibilities. It is designed in the career progression as the first step into broader operational and/or organizational leadership. A key responsibility is training and support for other, less-experienced direct service staff. Assist, support and encourage individuals to achieve their personal goals through the development of basic living and related skills. Some tasks of the role are as follows:
- Supervise staff resources at potentially different levels and in various situations to ensure the effective and efficient implementation of agreed upon plans
- Promote team effectiveness
- Act as the principal liaison between staff and senior agency leadership, as well as between the staff members
- Supervise staff resources at potentially different levels and in various situations
- Be aware of the individual’s physical, social and recreational environments, and take action to minimize risks and maximize participation/inclusion
- Contribute to the development of team schedules and budgets
- Be aware of the individuals physical, social and recreational environments
- Assist individual’s to develop personal home living skills and when required participate directly in the care and maintenance of the individuals home living and behaviors
- Creative Problem solving and decision making
- Contribute to the development and management of team scheduling and budgets.
- Develop and implement marketing approaches for employment, recreational and other social interaction opportunities, with a view to creating a broader spectrum of options and natural supports within the community.
- Act as a social and/or employment role model and coach to assist the individual to participate and contribute effectively within the community and/or in an employment or volunteer setting.
- Communication - Listening to others and communicating in an effective manner that fosters open communication:
- Flexibility - Adapting to and working effectively within a variety of situations, and with various groups.
- Client Focus - Identifying and responding to current and future client’s needs; providing service excellence to internal and external clients:
- Creative Problem solving and Decision Making - Identifying and solving problems by understanding the situation, seeking additional information, developing and weighing alternatives and choosing the most appropriate course of action given the circumstances.
- Values and Ethics - Depicting conduct, dispositions and viewpoints consistent with person integrity, as well as concern for, and sensitivity to, the fundamental values and ethics of the agency/organization/sector and the profession.
- Team Work - Working collaboratively with others to achieve common goals and positive results:
- Professional Excellence - Concern for working towards standard of excellence.
- Fostering Independence in Others
- Collaboration - Communicating with others both within one’s team as well as with individuals, agencies and organizations outside one’s immediate work area or span of control to create alignment within and across groups.
- Leading Others – Leading and supporting a team or other group to achieve results.
- College diploma with direct service experience between two and five years
- Valid driver’s license and vehicle
- Criminal Record Check
- Professional growth and career development
- Making a difference in the lives of people with disabilities
- Rewarding and challenging opportunities
- Ongoing Professional development opportunities
- Health benefits in regular positions over 20 hours per week